Calluses, or hardening of the skin is a common problem on the feet and they are caused by wearing the wrong shoes. The constant rubbing of the shoes leads to the formation of calluses on the heel, fingers or bottom of the foot. In fact, calluses are formed to protect feet from injury and therefore appear in areas where there is friction.
Why Do I Have Calluses on My Feet?
Calluses are caused by constant friction and pressure applied to the foot. The friction and pressure can have a number of causes, including:
– Improper footwear, especially shoes that are too small, tight fitting, or narrow-toed, such as high heels
– Improper socks that have a tendency to bunch up at the toes and cause friction
– Walking barefoot can also cause the skin to thicken
– Flat feet; the arch is too low and the foot is unstable
– Bunions; calluses love to form over bunions
– Athletic activities, Abnormal gait, High-arched feet, Obesity, Bony bumps
– Worn-down pads on soles of feet
– Long metatarsal bones that are closer to the ground, causing more pressure and friction than normal-size metatarsal bones
Whatever the reason for their appearance, the key is to regularly care for the skin of the feet, as it increases the risk of cracking her, fungi and even infections.
Luckily, there is the best natural remedy that can effectively remove calluses and restore beauty and skin health.
Natural cream with garlic and olive oil
The best ingredient that cares about the health of the feet, is garlic. This product is popular in cooking worldwide. It has powerful antibiotic and antibacterial effect that eliminates bacteria and fungi that provoke the development of infections.
When you mix the garlic with olive oil and a little lemon juice, you get simple and natural tool to effectively fight the calluses on the feet. It softens the skin and can even be used in the fight against warts.
– 1 clove garlic
– 3 tablespoons olive oil
– 6 drops of lemon juice
– Peel and chop the garlic cloves. Mash it to a paste.
– Mix it with olive oil and lemon juice. Mix well.
Clean the affected area of the foot. Apply this natural tool and bandage. Leave to act during the night. In the morning rinse.
To achieve the best results with this natural tool must remember that it is advisable to wear comfortable shoes with breathable fabric.